Sunday, December 1, 2013

Happy Holidays!


2013 is hurtling towards a close. The last few months have been relatively busy, although when I sit back and think about it, I wonder what it is I've been so busy with. I have managed to carve out some time for happy stuff...a visit with my girl and the grandbabies, time spent with my best buddy and her hubby, lots of outings with Baby J. I've been doing a lot of cooking and a little bit of crafting. And I've pretty much been maintaining radio silence around here. I need to work on changing that. Actually, I've decided that I need to start writing down the things I want to accomplish. I've gotten really bad about forgetting things pretty much as soon as they pop into my head. It sucks getting old!

A few weeks ago, J and I spent the day with my friend Carol, getting our craft on and starting work on holiday cards. I have to tell you, the crafty company I keep is pretty intimidating. These ladies can crank out some awesome stuff, either cards, scrapbook pages, sewing projects...everything. Hallmark has nothing on my friend Carol. So when J and I got home from our day with Carol, I got to looking at the few cards I had managed to produce. Wasn't very impressed. Wasn't even excited to send them out to my extended family. And if you know how I feel about the majority of my huge extended family, you'll know just how truly
bad those cards must have been. Fast forward to last week and a prolonged bout with an upper respiratory infection, and I just gave up and decided to send out what I had. My creative muses had apparently decided to spend Thanksgiving in some warm locale, drinking exotic drinks and ogling exotic men. After stuffing my face all day Thursday, I said my prayers and sank into a food coma. Imagine my surprise when I woke up the next morning and found all these little ideas flitting around the old noggin. At least one of the crafty cylinders was firing!!

Long story short, I produced about 30 cards over the weekend, all of which I am proud to be sending out (regardless of how I feel about the particular recipients, ha ha!). I did have a couple of duds but on the whole, if the card turned out, I mass produced and moved on to the next idea. These are my favorites.


There were a couple of others that I really liked, but I neglected to snap pictures of them. Now, on to a birthday card for Peanut's first birthday!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my love, you are more amazing than you give yourself credit for!! You inspire me, just as much as I inspire you! Love spending time together...NY resolution....let's do it more often! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are totally cute! I love the buttons!

    ReplyDelete