As I mentioned in the last post, my success at cranking out the baby legs gave me a boost of confidence to try making another Pinterest project: these trash stashers from Lila Tueller Designs. I didn't use the laminated fabric that was recommended. I had picked up some fat quarters from Joann's for a little skirt I want to make for Peanut. The fabrics were bright and cheery and I thought they'd perk up my old beater.
I had to admit, I had a couple of problems. First, I got the fabrics turned around and what was supposed to be the liner ended up being the outside of the bag. That's okay, though. The directions for attaching the ribbon loop were lost in translation. I ended up having to make a little cut to pull the silly thing out after everything was all stitched up. The directions called for 8 inches of ribbon, but for my car, I think I could have safely doubled it so I could attach it to something other than my car phone charger.
I am pretty proud of the closeness of my topstitching.
And looky, looky!! I got the bottom boxed out. I don't know the technical term, but I'm pretty proud of myself.
I'm on a roll, folks!! Here's hoping the next sewing project turns out as well.